Are you in need of a small portable ice maker that can make cranks of ice really quick? You will be surprised at just how many options there are for you. Today’s portable ice makers suit all most everyone, because they are cheap, efficiently, easy to use and comfy for outdoor activities. The Igloo ICE103, for instance, is a great example of a conveniently light and yet fast ice making machine for an average homeowner. It also stands out from many other portable ice makers as you will see in the following Igloo ICE103 review.
To start with, it has the simple yet stylish looks that come with stainless steel tools but offers you the ability to make ice like a commercial machine. It may not be the best maker though, but it should please you and satisfy you with the following functionalities.
Igloo ICE103 Main Features
Design and Construction
The Igloo model looks stylish yet simple in design, thanks to its plain stainless steel finish and sleek edges. In general, it takes the conspicuous cuboid design but stands out with its simple looking fan and control panel. On the other hand, the 25 pounds weighing machine comes with an oversized bucket that can hold up to 2.2 lbs. of ice. To be specific, it measures 14*12*15 inches, which definitely makes it a great tool for use in a small kitchen or during camping activities. But besides the convenience, the stainless steel construction does guarantee a long life of service. With its stout rubber stands, on the other hand, the machine stays firm and steady as you make your ice.
Fast Ice Maker
There is never a waste of time with the Igloo ICE103. It is easy to set up and can make your ice in about six quick minutes. Again, you don’t need to manipulate the machine in any way in order to get ice faster. You simply add the amount of water you need into the reservoir and off you could start making ice. And as fast the machine works, most Igloo ICE103 reviews note that it doesn’t malfunction easily even after years of working. It is thus a great ice maker for the first time buyer who doesn’t need a complicated machine or for anyone who loves making ice every now and then.
Produces High Amounts of Ice
If you have a high number of ice consuming guests at your events or business, this machine will delight you. It produces about 2.2 lbs. of ice within minutes and could make it up to 26 pounds by the end of a day. Unfortunately, the maker doesn’t come with a compartment to store huge amounts of ice, although it does have a small ice tray. However, the machine makes it possible to choose ice cubes sizes to make; from very small, medium sizes and large cubes. The ice cubes also resemble bullets in shape and size and are thus small enough for customers who love chewing ice.
Though not recommended, you can plumb this ice maker into your water connection system and save the hustle of having to add water every other time. But give that the machine is one you could need for an outdoor event; it just works great to add water from small water gallon cylinders. On the other hand, the machine is a low power consumer. It uses about 120 watts to be specific, which is certainly lower than some other top rated high ice makers out there. It also comes with a drain valve, although most reviewers note you might not need in the end. This is because the machine almost never loses any ice or water, but instead melts it back into the water.
Simple Control Panel
This ice maker’s control panel requires no manual to know how to operate it. After all, the control panel mainly helps you to check when the machine is full, switching it on and off and changing the ice cube sizes. And all these functions can easily be accessed and done in a quick manner.
Igloo Ice103 Pros and Cons
- It comes with a great design – The stainless steel stylish design of the Igloo ICE103 is unique and appealing. In fact, the machine’s design is one that could complete your kitchen décor and devices, as many other kitchen tools also take a stainless steel design.
- Easy to use – The ice maker comes with a simple to use control panel, and this makes it possible to make even bigger bundles of ice within a short period of time.
- It is a fast ice maker – Within six minutes, the machine is able to make up to 2.2 lbs. of ice. Amazingly, you are also not involved so much in the ice making process. You only set the type of ice cubes and amount of ice you need, and off you get.
- It has a big ice bucket – The machine’s large size bucket plays a huge part in helping make about 26 pounds of ice per day. The big bucket ice also creates room for an ice tray, which you can also use to store ice in your freezer.
- It is compact for easy portability. It is also light, considering that it weighs 25 pounds when empty.
- It lacks an ice cooler, which means you have to transfer ice into a freezer when you make an excess of it.
- It lacks a power backup option-This feel annoying especially when you have to reset the ice cube sizes when you need to make ice once again.
The Igloo ICE103 ice machine, in many ways, proves to be the more reliable, more efficient and ideal choice for a low budget buyer. Its ratings in multiple Igloo ICE103 reviews are after all impressive, which should suggest that it is a great tool for the kitchen. However, the ice maker has its own flaws, which you should have been keen to note and decide if you can live with the ice maker with these few flaws or you should instead pay more to get a more efficient machine.
Compare it to a similar Igloo ice maker – Igloo ICE102 model.